top of page



Dissolution of Marriage

Divorce in Florida is known formally as the dissolution of marriage. In order to obtain a divorce you must allege in a petition, among other specifics, that your marriage is irretrievably broken and that counseling will not rehabilitate the relationship.

Uncontested vs. Contested Divorce

If all parties agree to the terms of the divorce on their own without assistance from the court, the process is called an uncontested divorce. Obtaining agreement from all parties depends on the circumstances of the marriage, the amount of marital property, requests for alimony, and/or whether the parties have children in common.

Contested divorces can involve complex litigation that lasts for months and in some cases years. If the parties have a considerable amount of marital property, children in common, and disagree on how those aspects of the relationship should be managed moving forward, the court and your attorney will need to carefully sort out the details.


If you are seeking alimony in your divorce it must be alleged in the initial pleading. Long term marriages in Florida are those lasting over 7 years, however your marriage need not qualify in order to request certain types of alimony. Alimony is also awarded in short term marriages.

Child Custody & Support Modifications

We assist clients in obtaining support modifications. If there has been a change in circumstances among the parties you may petition the court for a modification to a previously entered order for child support.


Other Family Law Practice Areas

Domestic Violence Injunctions



Call Now For a Free Review of Your Case: (305) 908-8896

bottom of page